More Information About Common Capital Loans
- Fixed and variable rate loans
- Loan terms up to 10 years and extended interest only payment periods
- Loan payments can be structured to accommodate seasonal fluctuations in business income
- Your business is located in our geographic area (Berkshire, Franklin, Hampshire and Hampden counties of MA)
- Financing can be used for working capital, inventory, supplies, equipment, business start-up, business acquisition or expansion, business debt refinancing, and leasehold improvements or real estate if related to the business activity.
How Do I Know if I am Ready to Apply?
Do you keep up-to-date with your business and personal finances by tracking your income and expenses? Historical financial statements and/or three years of projected financial statements and cash flows are required with your loan application (we provide a template for you). If you are a start-up, a business plan will be required. To get started on a business plan, click HERE for a great resource from the US Small Business Administration. If you need assistance with your plan, click HERE for a listing of local partner organizations.
Do You Know Why You Need a Loan and How You Will Use the Funds?
Create a list of loan uses and describe how they will help your business grow. Do you keep up-to-date with your business and personal finances by tracking your income and expenses? Historical financial statements and/or three years of projected financial statements and cash flows may be required with your loan application. Are you able to offer collateral to secure the loan (equipment, inventory, business or personal property)?
How Long Does It Take to Get a Business Loan?
Once we have a fully completed application package, it can take 4-6 weeks for loan underwriting and closing of the loan.
Are You Ready to Apply?
To access our loan application click here. You can print or download to your computer and open the PDF file with Adobe Reader. You can type the information right into the PDF and save to your computer. Please be sure to sign where necessary before mailing. If you are an existing business looking for a quick turnaround on a loan up to $50,000, check out our Fast Track Loan Program.
Do You Have Questions?
Click here to complete our online loan inquiry form.
Are You a Food Entrepreneur?
Common Capital has partnered with the Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream Program in order to address the unique barriers that often stand in the way of success for small food, beverage, brewery and hospitality businesses. The program provides access to capital, business and financial know-how and a network of peers and mentors who can provide support and advice.
Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream Program
Samuel Adams created the Brewing the American Dream program to address the unique barriers that often stand in the way of success for small food, beverage, brewery and hospitality businesses. In partnership with Common Capital in Western Massachusetts, we provide access to capital, business and financial know-how and and a network of peers and mentors who can provide support and advice. Our goal is to see our industry’s smallest businesses get started, become stronger and grow. No matter where you are in your small business journey, we want to help you take the next step!
Access to Capital
Access to capital is a challenge for small food and beverage businesses. Common Capital offers a wide range of loan products and expertise that enable business owners to hire, upgrade equipment, renovate or secure a larger space, buy more inventory and lay the foundation for continued growth.
Basic Requirements for a Common Capital Loan*
- No active bankruptcy, mortgage modifications, foreclosure, tax liens/judgments without payment plan
- No slow pay on business and personal rent payments, credit payments, etc.
- Ability to repay loans either through income or profitable business (collateral or co-signer may be required)
- Business does not involve real estate development, nonprofit organization, exporting, multi-level marketing, lending or adult entertainment
*Additional factors may apply.
Connect With Coaches
Through Brewing the American Dream Speed Coaching events we connect business owners with Samuel Adams employee-coaches for spirited sessions on a wide range of topics including marketing, e-commerce, packaging, logo design, sales and distribution, PR, accounting, legal and more. Business owners who have a Samuel Adams Brewing the American Dream loan through Common Capital are eligible for an ad hoc coaching session by phone with Samuel Adams discipline-specific employee experts.
Take the Next Step
Complete our online loan inquiry form here.